So do you have a nurse or other medical professional in the family or a close friend? Perhaps you’ve been trying to find the perfect gift? Here’s a look at why compression arm sleeves can be the best gift for nurses. And we’ll also check out how compression socks and tights can be great gifts, too!
Benefits of Compression for Nurses
As you are probably aware, nurses can be required to do some strenuous physical activities during their days at work. Compression can provide nurses with the same benefits it provides to athletes. Check out some of the reasons nurses can benefit from compression:
- Protection for the skin — Compression arm sleeves can serve as protection to skin that may not be covered up by scrubs. This can prevent scrapes and scratches.
- Helps with circulation — compression wear can help increase blood circulation which can prevent soreness or even decrease recovery time for injuries. Better circulation and decreased swelling are actually two of the main benefits of wearing compression gear.
- Preventing soreness — Compression arm sleeves can also help prevent muscles soreness from physical activities, including lifting a weight, such as helping patients get in or out of bed. Compression sleeves can actually keep your muscles warmed up so you can prevent strains.
- Regulates body temperature — Compression sleeves can help keep your body at a regular temperature whether you are in a cold environment or a warm one, or even moving between the two.
Compression arm sleeves provide many other great benefits for nurses including:
- Many are treated with anti-microbial agents to help resist stains and odors
- Moisture-wicking fabrics can help keep the wearer dry and comfortable
- Breathable and temperature regulating materials help with body temperature control
- The graduated compression that results in more compression at the end of the extremity and less far up results in the comfort
As you can see why compression arm sleeves can be the best gift for nurses, you may want to add in some compression leg/calf sleeves. These sleeves provide all of the above benefits, but they will help with swelling or aches in the legs that can come with all the walking that nurses do every day.
If you want some more direction on why compression arm sleeves can be the best gift for nurses or want to get info on how they can help you, our team at ZeroPoint Compression can help. Our knowledgeable staff can ensure that you get a gift that is well received or you get the best compression for you!