So have you been thinking about trying out some of those “cool” looking garments you’ve seen athletes wearing, like those colorful sleeves or even shorts and leggings? You may be a little envious of your fellow gym-goers who are also sporting that compression gear. And, of course, you are wondering about all the reasons to switch to compression wear.
Compression gear has been embraced for years for all different types of athletes, from professionals to amateurs.
Here is a brief look at few of the main benefits and reasons to switch to compression wear:
- Improved circulation — Compression was first designed to help with medical issues that affected the veins. Now worn as athletic wear, compression gear improves blood circulation and improves oxygenation.
- Muscle oscillation reduction — This can limit potential muscle damage and soreness.
- Better muscle support — The pressure provided by this type of gear ensures that muscles stay in their proper place to reduce injury potential. Additionally, it can energize the muscles.
- Improved proprioception — This is the awareness of the position of your body within its surroundings. This can improve stance, stability, posture, and agility, among other things.
- Quicker recovery — Because compression gear enhances the entire circulatory system, lactic acid build up can be removed quickly to help prevent muscle soreness, along with quicker recovery to injured muscles.
There are other benefits to wearing compression gearing that can elevate your sports and/or athletic experience:
- Compression gear can protect your arms/legs and such from scratches and abrasions.
- Compression can help reduce swelling, especially for those who have to remain on their feet for extended periods of time.
- You can be protected from dirt building up on your skin.
- Compression can help regulate your body temperature, keeping you warm or cool, depending upon the situation.
- Compression gear, such as leggings and socks can help with the tired feeling in your legs and feet.
There are even benefits that can be experienced outside of the gym or athletic arena:
- If you are experiencing vein disease symptoms, such as varicose veins, compression stockings/leggings can help alleviate them.
- Diabetics can often suffer from circulatory issues with their legs and feet, and compression can help them
- Travelers can benefit from wearing socks/stockings, especially those traveling by plane and having to sit for long periods of time. Compression socks can help prevent blood clots from developing.
Ask The Team at ZeroPoint to Know Reasons to Switch to Compression Wear
When you are ready to take on this great reasons to switch to compression wear, you may have some additional questions. Feel free to contact us at ZeroPoint Compression. We will be happy to help you select the best pieces for your particular sport or sports! We want to ensure that you get all the benefits from wearing compression gear!